Fiberglass vs. Steel Garage Doors
Garage doors can make all the difference in the curb appeal of your home or business. On the other hand, an outdated or damaged door can negatively impact the exterior beauty of your property and become a safety risk. Choosing the right garage door is an important task, and it’s a good idea to compare your options before buying, such as a steel vs. a fiberglass garage door.
At Garage Door Specialists, Inc., we carry a wide selection of door styles that are sure to make a statement and provide both style and durability.
Differences Between Fiberglass Garage Doors and Steel Garage Doors
If you’re deciding between a fiberglass or steel garage door, there are a few characteristics you should know about that make these materials different:
- Appearance: Both steel and fiberglass doors can be customized to a certain degree to fit your style preferences and existing structure. Steel is a heavy material that offers a modern, sleek look while fiberglass is a traditional, decorative alternative.
- Composition: Steel garage doors like Modern Steel™ are durable, dependable and very secure, but must be well-maintained to avoid rust. Fiberglass doors like Arbor Grove™ are well-insulated to help reduce noise and are resistant to corrosion.
- Longevity: Made of iron and carbon, steel is incredibly long-lasting and won’t become warped or cracked. Fiberglass material can withstand strong winds and won’t easily dent.
- Cost: The differences in price will depend on the overall design and style options you choose. A fiberglass garage door is a cost-effective, low-maintenance choice that offers more damage resistance, while steel is a budget-friendly, energy-efficient option that keeps your home secure.
Which Type Is Better?
As with any decision for your home or business, the garage door you choose will depend on your personal style, needs, maintenance, budget and many other factors. Both steel and fiberglass have unique benefits and can work for a variety of residential and commercial properties.
You may also make your decision based on the customization options, such as the colors, textures, wood grains, paint, paneling and other design choices. With Garage Door Specialists, Inc., you can find an excellent selection of residential garage doors and commercial overhead doors to complement the exterior of your home or business.
Contact Garage Door Specialists, Inc. for Your Residential and Commercial Overhead Door Needs
No matter what style or material you choose for your garage door, work with a team of experienced professionals to get the job done. At Garage Door Specialists, Inc., we’re committed to fitting your home or commercial building with high-quality and durable garage doors that meet your requirements.
Whether you want to install an entirely new door and hardware or repair your current door, we have everything you need to ensure your product lasts and continues to offer reliable operation. Request an estimate today to get started or contact us online to learn more about the styles and services we offer.
Aluminum vs. Steel Garage Doors
Your garage door is one of the first things people see when they drive up to your home or business. A warped, faded or damaged garage door with rusted or broken parts can pose a safety risk and negatively affect the visual appeal of your property.
If you’re looking for a replacement garage door and wondering what type offers the best performance and longevity, consider an aluminum or steel door from Garage Door Specialists, Inc. We offer custom options for insulation, paint, windows and paneling to fit your unique needs and preferences.
Differences Between Aluminum Garage Doors and Steel Garage Doors
Here’s a comparison of aluminum and steel materials to give you a better idea of these two options:
- Appearance: Steel and aluminum are both popular choices for garage door installations. Both materials can be customized with various panels, finishes and woodgrain designs to suit the look of your home or business.
- Composition: Aluminum garage doors are lightweight, easy to install and corrosion-resistant. At the same time, they may be less effective when it comes to keeping outdoor temperatures outside. Steel doors are heavy, durable and more secure against weather conditions. Both types of doors are made of recyclable, environmentally friendly materials.
- Longevity: Both materials are relatively low maintenance. Aluminum is easy to clean, and you don’t have to worry about rust or rot. Steel garage doors require a pre-painted treatment to prevent rust and corrosion, but they can typically withstand more wear and tear than aluminum.
- Cost: Steel garage doors provide a long-lasting investment at an affordable cost, and aluminum can be even less expensive. While the price of these materials often changes depending on current supply and demand, both options are generally within many budgets.
Which Type Is Better?
As you weigh the pros and cons of steel vs. aluminum doors, it’s important to determine your specific requirements for your new garage door. You may want to consider what kind of design elements you’re looking for as well as identify your ideal price point. You can also weigh whether security is your top priority, or if you’re more concerned with budget and performance.
The team at Garage Door Specialists, Inc. can help you decide between steel and aluminum garage doors to ensure you select the option that best suits your unique requirements.
Let Garage Door Specialists, Inc. Install or Repair Your Garage Door
At Garage Door Specialists, Inc., we know you have many choices when it comes to selecting a new overhead door. That’s why we offer many durable, aesthetically appealing and high-quality residential garage doors and commercial doors so you can find exactly what you’re looking for.
Our knowledgeable, experienced technicians will be glad to discuss your performance and functionality expectations and help you determine the right product and customization options. Contact our team today to learn more about our installation and repair services or request an estimate to get started.