Residential Garage Door Opener Services in Western, NC
Your garage door puts in work. At only a few uses per day, the average homeowner opens and closes their garage door over 1,500 times per year. Commerical doors might see even more use annually. When a garage door opener breaks, it's a big deal. Broken doors can trap cars or leave homes unsecured, and business owners may face halts in production. For fast garage door opener replacement in Morganton, NC, call Garage Door Specialists, Inc.
Residential Garage Door Opener Installation in Hickory NC
Your garage door opener is the brains behind the operation. Garage door openers consist of the head unit, sensors and wall-mounted controls. Most also come with wireless door controls. When the motor stops working, your garage door will stop working too. Open garages grant anyone access to the contents they hold and any doorways leading further inside. Doors stuck shut mean nothing can get in or out until the garage door opener is repaired or replaced.
GARAGE DOOR OPENER TYPES
There are four main types of garage door openers you should be aware of:
- Chain: Typically the most affordable garage door opener, chain openers produce more noise than other options. Homeowners may want to consider something quieter, closer to the house.
- Belt: Belt openers use a rubber belt to control trolley operation. Rubber belt door openers are quieter than chain motors and have more moving parts than openers with a screw or drive motor.
- Screw: Screw drives are quiet garage door openers that use a threaded steel rod to control the trolley. The trolley operates the arm, moving the door up and down.
- Drive: Also known as jackshaft motors, drive motors are simple in design with fewer moving parts. Popular for a variety of applications, these require little ongoing maintenance.
Broken Garage Door Openers & Repairs
If your garage door opener is broken, it's important to find out why. In some cases, systems can be repaired, saving the cost of a new garage door opener installation. To know for sure, schedule a professional repair service. Common issues with garage door openers include:
- Photo lens alignment: The photo lenses on the sides of your garage door are an important safety feature. Our repair technicians will ensure your lenses are aligned and operating as designed.
- Transmitter frequency: Everything looks like it's working, but when you press the button on your remote — nothing. If replacing the batteries doesn't work, your transmitter frequency may need adjusting.
- Damaged door track: Years of wear and accidental impacts can bend your track out of place. The motor works harder to overcome the damage, increasing wear and generating noise.
If your garage door opener is louder than normal, moving slow or having trouble closing, call Garage Door Specialists, Inc. to request garage door opener repair in Statesville, NC, or the surrounding areas.
GARAGE DOOR OPENER INSTALLATION AND REPAIR IN Statesville, NC
Whether you're in need of low-cost garage door repair or installation, Garage Door Specialists, Inc. is your source for residential and commercial repair services. We serve all of western North Carolina, including Morganton, Lenoir and Statesville. For emergencies, we have repair service available 24/7.
No matter the hour, the door or the trouble, our technicians arrive on time with the tools and equipment to get your garage back in operation. We have over 40 years of experience serving the area. For repairs and estimates for new installations, call 828-584-2297 today.